Monday, June 2, 2008

Trystin has turned into a mud puppy! Overall he had quite a good day. Although he got out of school last week, today was our first day of "summer routine" where I made him do a little school work before he got other privileges. Boy am I glad I found the book "The Explosive Child" when I did. The information in that book has been really helpful in managing Trystin's daily frustrations. For instance today, he got really upset because the math problems in his work book were written horizontally. I rewrote the first few vertically, and then I told him I would show him how the problems were the same so he didn't have to do the extra step of rewriting the problem. But he absolutely refused to try any horizontal problem. So with Plan B in mind (Basket B for those reading the 1st addition of the book), I got him back on track doing his school work but gave up on trying to show him how to do the problem horizontally - he did fabulous vertically.
We met my friend Jenn and her 2 little boys (Grant - almost 3 - and Landon - 2 months) for lunch. Trystin was very good at keeping Grant entertained without going overboard like he sometimes does. And Jack thought those 2 were just hilarious. When Trystin and Grant took off for the play area, Jack did his best to keep up and laughed the whole way through the mall.

And still no more work done on the house - at least on the foundation. Darn rain! And darn contractors for not getting this finished during the weeks of nice weather before all the rain started! This weekend we plan on doing a little work on the roof to prepare for the next step. So, anyone in the area willing to help, we could use you!
....6 weeks or less (we're betting on less) until Max arrives.

No comments: