Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Well, we’re back home now from trying the external version (for those who don’t know yet, we found out at the end of last week that Max is breech). To sum up the experience - it sucked. First they gave me medication to relax the uterus. Unfortunately it has a strange side effect – racing heart and jitters that make it difficult to really relax. But I did my best as the doc started pushing on my belly. Max started to rotate and felt like he just might make it all around, but then Max grabbed hold of my spine and ripped it out – or so it seemed. So doc stopped to let me settle down before trying again. Every attempt though Max would get almost there, hit that spot on my spine, and just couldn’t get any further without excruciating pain for me. I was shaking so badly that we all agreed it just wasn’t going to happen today.

What next? I have an appointment Friday afternoon. If he hasn’t flipped on his own by then, we will be picking a date for a c-section.

No comments: